First register your name with your First name, Last name, Email ID and Password in the www.filemyit.com website.
Upon successful registration, you will get confirmation email in your registered Email ID.
Link your Aadhar in the Income Tax Department. The website link is given in the Useful Links section.
Now you can start filing the form.
Documents required for preparing IT Computation and Form 12BB:
- PAN Card
- TDS Certificates from your employer (downloaded from the IT Department) in Form 16 (with Part A and Part B)
- Other Income details like Bank Interest and TDS Deducted, if any. In such TDS cases, Form 16A
- Housing loan interest in case of minus income from Self Occupied property or Rental income from Let out property.
- Previous Assessment year Return Copy, if available
Once you have registered your name, you can create any number of assessees in our website.
- First click Efiling in the top of the screen.
- Click File ITR 2017 for filing the IT Return for the Assessment year 2017-18 (Financial Year 2016-2017)
- File ITR 2017 contains, four sheets.
- Personal Information: In the personal information section, you have to fill the personal information. If you are having any doubts in the First Name, Last Name, Middle Name and Income Tax ward/ circle, you can check the same from Know your PAN section and Know your Jurisdiction Officer links of the IT Department which is given under the Useful Links.
Gross Total Income and Deduction: B1 to C 19 have to be filled from the Part B of your Form 16. In case, if you want to show any additional income, then you have to fill B3. G such a case, our website calculates extra Income tax payable and you can either pay the Income tax online or offline with the use of the challan.
- Tax Deducted:
- SCH TDS1. In this section, you have to fill the Form 16 details as per Part A.
- SCH TDS 2, you have to fill the Form 16A details.
- SCH IT, you have to fill the Advance Tax and Self-Assessment Tax details
- Donations Entitled:
Donations paid to certain trusts, funds, organisations are eligible for deduction under
section 80 G. To claim deduction under section 80 G, you can fill the details in the relevant
After entering all the data, you can see the computation statement by going to the screen, E Filing – ITR History. You can download the computation to your computer.
We will Efile your IT Return through ERI for which you need not have to give your user name and password. The IT acknowledgement will come to your registered email id. You can send the IT acknowledgment to CPC Bangalore through ordinary post or speed post within 120 days.