- You are an ordinarily resident individual tax-payer with income from salary or pension
- You own one house
- You have earned income or incurred losses from other sources (except winnings from lottery, and horse racing, dividend received from Indian company exceeding Rs.10 Lakh, unexplained income* taxable u/s 115BBE)
- You are a non-resident or not ordinarily resident individual tax-payer
- You own more than one house property
- Your total annual income exceeds Rs. 50 Lakh
- You have income from agriculture (exceeding Rs. 5000)
- You have winnings from lottery and horse racing
- You have made capital gains or losses
- You have foreign income or assets
First register your name with your First name, Last name, Email ID and Password in the www.filemyit.com website.
Upon successful registration, you will get confirmation email in your registered Email ID.
If you want to efile your return, you have to register yourself in the Income Tax website. If you have already efiled your Income Tax Return in the
previous years, you need not have to register.
If you are going to efile for the first time, then you have to register your name in the Income Tax Website.
Download Form 26 AS from the IT Website.
Form 26 AS and TDS Certificates in Form 16 and Form 16 A should match. There should not be any mismatch between Form 26 AS and TDS Certificates.
If there is any mismatch, then the mismatch shall be rectified. Or else, the Income Tax Department will send notice to the assessees for the mismatch.
Link your Aadhar in the Income Tax Department. The website link is given in the Useful Links section.
Now you can start filling the form.
Note: If the Aadhaar Card is not linked in the Income Tax Department, the Income Tax Return will not be
accepted in the IT Department.
Documents required for preparing IT Return and IT Computation:
- PAN Card
- Aadhaar Card
- TDS Certificates from your employer (downloaded from the IT Department) in Form 16 (with Part A and Part B)and 26 AS
- Other Income details like Bank Interest and TDS Deducted, if any. In such TDS cases, Form 16A
- Housing loan interest details in case of minus income from Self Occupied property or Rental income from Let out property.
- Details of Bank Name, Account No, IFSC Code, etc
- Previous Assessment year Return Copy, if available
Once you have registered your name, you can add any number of assessees in our website.
- First click IT Return in the top of the screen.
- You can either upload all the details manually or upload your Form 16 Part B and 26AS to FileMyIt.
For Manual entry:
- Click Add ITR for filing the IT Return for the Assessment year 2019-20 (Financial Year 2018-2019)
- File ITR 2019 contains, six sheets.
Personal Information: In the personal information section, you have to fill the personal information. If you are having any doubts in the First Name, Last Name, Middle Name and Income Tax ward/ circle, you can check the same from
Know your PAN section and Know your Jurisdiction Officer links of the IT Department which is given under the Useful Links.
Gross Total Income and Deduction: B1 to C 19 have to be filled from the Part B of your Form 16. In case, if you want to show any additional income, then you have to fill B3. In such a case, our website calculates extra Income tax payable and you can either pay the Income tax online or offline with the use of the challan.
- Tax Deducted:
- SCH TDS1. In this section, you have to fill the Form 16 details as per Part A.
- SCH TDS 2, you have to fill the Form 16A details.
- SCH TDS3. Details of Tax Deducted at Source [As per 26QC furnished by the Deductor(s)].
- SCH IT, you have to fill the Advance Tax and Self-Assessment Tax details
- Tax Collected
- Details of Tax Collected at Source[As per Form 27D issued by the Collector(S)].
- Donations Entitled:
- Donations paid to certain trusts, funds, organisations are eligible for deduction under section 80 G. To claim deduction under section 80 G, you can
fill the details in the relevant section.
Filling the IT Return by Upload:
- Select IT Return
- Click Upload Form 16 Part B (PDF File given by the employer)
- Click Form 26 AS (PDF File downloaded from IT Website) (Or you can enter the tax details manually)
- You have to fill the empty cells like Aadhaar Number, Phone number, Address, Email, Bank Details, etc.
After entering all the data, you can see the summary in the verification section. When there is no tax liability ie., no tax is payable by you, you can pay the fees. In case tax is payable, you have to pay the tax and enter the relevant challan details in the form.
Once you click Pay fees and File ITR, we will efile the IT Return through ERI.
Once the Income Tax Return is approved and fees is paid by you, we will upload the xml file to the IT Department. You will get the IT Acknowledgement through email to the assessee’s email id mentioned in the form within 24 hours from the Income Tax Department.
To complete the IT Filing process, the IT Acknowledgement has to be sent to “Centralized Processing Centre, Income Tax Department, Bengaluru – 560 500” either by speed post or ordinary post only within 120 days.
Or else, the assessee can e-verify the IT Return by entering OTP. For details,Click here
Note: The Income Tax Return filing will complete only after sending the IT Acknowledgement to Bengaluru or E-verification.